[N.B. this is archived news from 2012]
Millennium Park proposals
You are also invited to view proposed plans for the redevelopment of the Millennium Park and speak to City Council staff in the café of the Albany Centre, Ashley Street on Monday 29 October 2012 2.30-4.30pm and Tuesday 30 October 6.30-8.30pm
Next WPCC meeting
Woodlands and Park Community Council meets on the second Wednesday of the month in the Albany Centre at 7.30pm and is open to all residents of the area
Woodlands Area Cleanup
The next Woodlands area Community CLEAN-UP takes place on Saturday 27th October 2012. You are invited to meet at 10.30 am at the Millennium Park, Ashley Street.
Community clean-ups are assisted by Clean Glasgow which will supply the following:
- Protective clothing such as gloves, goggles & hats.
- Materials to help you such as paint, cleaning products and tools.
- Removal of collected debris.
- Promotional materials & educational materials for children, adults and community groups.
As part of the Clean Glasgow Charter, the City Council pledge to:
- Empty your dustbins every week
- Clear up street littering
- Maintain open spaces
- Clear bulk refuse
- Deal with illegal fly tipping in your area
- Remove abandoned and burnt out cars
- Remove graffiti in your area
- Investigate vandalism and identify those responsible
- Remove discarded syringes
- Enforcement measures i.e. on the spot fines
- Provide Community Safety Patrol Officers to patrol your area who will report litter, graffiti, vandalism and other antisocial behaviour.
If you would like to tell Glasgow City Council about Litter, Graffiti, Dog Fouling, Fly posting or Illegal dumping then use Report It via this web-page, Phone: 0800 027 7027 or E-mail: email@example.com